FREQuently Asked Questions
How much will this cost me?
For a property with a $100,000 market value and a taxable value of $50,000, homeowners should expect a $10 increase per year from the current tax rate.
How did you evaluate the cost?
0.2 x 50 = $10 OR (0.2 mills is really .0002 x 50,000 = $10)
How long is it after the High School bond is paid off?
- High School will be paid off in 9 years.
- The new bond with be 21 years after the high school is paid off.
Why can't we build a larger school with bigger with more classrooms?
- State of Michigan has a space requirement that is based on 5-year enrollment projections for Constantine.
- Employ a 3rd party to determine Constantine's 5-year enrollment projections.
- Based on the 5-year enrollment projection we are only allowed to build so big.
- Example if our projected number is 85 students we can only build a building that would fit 100.
Is the Middle School not ADA compliant?
- We are ADA accessible. Renovations to the middle school include the installation of air-conditioning and upgraded STEM spaces.